Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Teaser Tuesday (7)



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should be reading! Anyone can participate! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teasers this week are from:




Wither by Lauren DeStefano! (Chemical Garden #1) Which I kindly received from Erin at Jump into Books out of RAK! YAY!

Description from Goodreads.com

Obviously, something went terribly wrong. Genetic mutations have festered, reducing human longevity to twenty-five, even less for most women. To prevent extinction, young girls are kidnapped, mated in polygamous marriages with men eager to procreate. Sixteen-year-old Rhine Ellery, a recent victim of this breeding farm mentality, has vowed to break loose from its fetters; but finding allies and a safe way out is a challenge she can only hope she will survive. A dystopian fantasy series starter with wings. Editor's recommendation.
 Teaser one is from page 70 chapter 6.


 "We could play virtual fishing," I say. I can feel Cecily's indignation without even looking at her.
 "There has to be something real we could do," she says. "There has to be." She paces out of the room, and I hear her shuffling around down the hall.
 "Poor kid," Jenna says, and rolls her eyes toward me for a moment. Then she returns to her book. "She doesn't even understand what kind of place this is."


Teaser two is from page 14 chapter 2. 


"Medicine in the water," the coughing woman moans. "I smell it. Medicine everywhere. Just let me die."


What do you think of these teasers? Leave me a link to your post!


Thanks for reading!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!
    I nearly bought a copy of Wither for only $5 last weekend, and now I'm KICKING myself! Evil teaser--now I'm SO curious!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank-you so much for taking the time to comment, I know we all say it but all bloggers love comments :)