Saturday, 24 December 2011

Saturday Shows (6)

Hi!



**Saturday shows is a new weekly meme that I'm starting! It's where bloggers can share the TV shows that they like. Please let me know if someone else has done it and if you like it! Feel free to take part as long as you link back to me!**



This week is...




The continuing adventures of The Doctor, an alien time traveler - a Time Lord - from Gallifrey. Together with his companions they travel through time and space in the TARDIS, battling evil where they find it.









That's the 'official' synopsis. This is mine: A Time Travelling alien called the Doctor traverses time and space with a whole bunch of good-looking, funny companions. The Doctor is a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey. Gallifrey was destroyed in the Time War: a massive battle involving Time Lords and their enemies, the evil Daleks. The Doctor is (supposedly) the last of his kind. The Doctor can regenerate which means when he is dying, he can turn into another person with all his memories. (He keeps wishing he could be ginger but it never happens).Through the series, Daleks keep popping up and causing chaos along with a whole host of aliens. The Doctor and his companions battle against them to protect themselves, the earth and whatever planet they're on. 

Did you know...?

  • Doctor who started in 1963 and went off air in 1989.
  • It went off air because Viewing ratings had begun to fall and the public perception of the show was beginning to become quite bad so controller of BBC One, Jonathan Powell, suspended production in 1989. (I KNOW!!!)
  • It was put back on air in 2005 and the episode 'Rose' gained 10.81 million viewers in the United Kingdom. 
  •  It's now on season 6 and on the 11th Doctor played by Matt Smith. 
  • Since its restart in 2005 there have been three Doctors, played by 9th: Christopher Ecclestone, 10th: David Tennant (my personal fav) and 11th Matt Smith.
I prefer this Doctor (David Tennant):


To this Doctor ( Matt Smith):


Just because he can do scenes like this:
it's just raining on my face

And Matt Smith does scenes like this:


BUT! It's still awesome (as Sarah from saz101 agrees) and I highly recommend!

Trailer 


(I know that it's fan-made but I really like it. For the most recent series.)







Here is the series with David Tennant. Fanmade :)





What do you think of this show, or do you have one of your own? Drop me a comment!


Thanks for reading!


4 comments:

  1. Oh My God really?! it was cancelled for low ratings!! are they insane!!
    great post! love doctor who cant wait for the Christmas special

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chronicles Bookaholic

    I know! And yeah, the Christmas special looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great meme! I might start doing this one and include movies as well because I've been wanting to talk about them. David Tennant is definitely the best Dr!

    This is Your Brain on Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doctor! Doctor! MY Doctor! I miss Ten. I'm tearing up watching him in the rain. And seriously... I really struggle watching series 2, 3 and 4 now, because I miss him SO. MUCH. It's like someone I know has died...

    Ummm... seriously. You don't even know the depths of my DW obsession o.O

    I *DO* really like Matt Smith, though... it's just that, you know, he's not David Tennant.

    Did you watch thhe new Christmas special? Huhhuhuhuh? What'd you think? We got it fast tracked, so I just saw it 6 hours ago :D

    I really liked Matt in it, and I didn't miss Amy AT ALL. More episodes SANS AMY! Here's the thing: I LOVE Rory. Totally adorkable... but I kind of what smack Amy sometimes, despite loving Karen Gillan and her AMAZING EYES.

    ANNNYYYWAAAAYYY!
    Christmas Special? Yes? We just rewatched last year's (A Christmas Carol--DUMBLEDORE!!!) I LOVED this one xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank-you so much for taking the time to comment, I know we all say it but all bloggers love comments :)