Monday, 26 December 2011

My First Guest Post! HD from Reading Writing Breathing!


Hi HD! Thanks for doing a guest post!

Hi! I'm HD, and I'm a 13 year old book blogger from Reading Writing Breathing! I love reading dystopian and paranormal romance, and I love writing as well! In my spare time I love to read, write, play basketball, watch TV, or hang out with friends! I am SO excited to share my top 10 favorite books that I have read this year! Let's get started!

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) Cold Kiss

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - This book has the most moving and emotional prose I have ever seen in my life. It's raw, it's real, and it portrays just how insane being locked up in isolation for over 264 days has affected Juliet, not matter how much she doesn't want to admit it. Check out my review here!

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - I think everybody and their dog has read this, and when I finally sat down and started reading, I couldn't stop! This book is addicting, sexy, and twisted. It's dark and full of intrigue. Check out my review here!

Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey - This was a book I didn't expect to love as much as I did. I had gotten it from a trade with a blogger, and put it on my shelf without a thought. One night I picked it up not thinking I'd enjoy it that much, and by then I was engrossed. This book is raw emotion and rip-your-heart-out plot developments and characters! Check out my review here.

Plague (Gone, #4) Hourglass (Hourglass, #1) All These Things I've Done (Birthright, #1)

Plague by Michael Grant - I haven't seen this one on any lists for best of 2011, and I don't know why. The Gone Series just keeps getting better for me! I loved Plague with all my heart! It was full of action and wit and frights and the awesome characters! Another great installment! Check out my review here.

Hourglass by Myra McEntire - I picked this one up by chance, not even thinking I'd like it that much! Wow, what a thrill ride! Just when you think the plot is over it jumps back at you. I love Emerson so much! She's witty, sarcastic, and brave. Check out my review here.

All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin - Another book I picked up by chance. Ended up being a heartfelt, tender read with a hint of action. The ending was so great, so intense and passionate and left me breathless. Not your everyday dystopian, with a heroine that has MORALS and a BACKBONE! Check out my review here.

The Unwanteds Cryer's Cross The Near Witch Darke (Septimus Heap, #6)

The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann - One of my top 3 favorite middle grades of all time, and it's going to be a seven book series! Lisa has a way with words that can cross to both YA and MG genres, and she mastered MG! Check out my review here!

Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann - Yes, Lisa wrote TWO amazing books this year, but Cryer's Cross is her YA! This was my first YA of hers to read, and it is chilling, creepy, and kept me up deep into the night! Check out my review here!

The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab - Another book I didn't expect to love as much as I did. Maybe it's the not-so-good cover, or the small size or the small amount of buzz it received. But when I opened it, I couldn't stop. The writing style reads like a poem, and this book is creepy! Check out my review here.

Darke by Angie Sage - Another MG that is amazing. This is the sixth and penultimate novel in the seven-book Septimus Heap Series, which is reminiscient of Harry Potter but, in my opinion, is better. Darke was my favorite of the series! Check out my review here!

HD Tolson

Follow me on Twitter (@rwbofficial)
Like RWB on Facebook
Friend Us on Goodreads

Thanks HD! I highly recommend his blog for some VERY honest reviews and some great discussions :)

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Great list of books. I have read a few and most of the others are on my TBR list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Hi Molly) We love the same books HD...but you already knew that. I am smiling to see Anya from All These Things I've Done finally make it on a top 10 list. My list would be the same except those last 2 that I haven't read. I would find some other awesome books to fill those places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good deal doesn't usually mean the most affordable one. A leasing company can save you a lot of money and not just when it comes to leasing costs. This value was to some extent of assessment on what the market value will be on your van.

    My website; Best Car Leasing Deals

    ReplyDelete
  4. It requires a lot of effort to break this habit of nail biting.

    Soft nails means that your nails have too much moisture.
    This is probably the first option that comes to mind for most people.


    Feel free to visit my site; How To stop nail biting

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the final stages, the dimpling is obvious both when lying down and standing up.
    The folding action Endermologie creates causes the connective issues to stretch.
    Activity and healthy diet will help one retain firm skin
    tone but it can’t guarantee that cellulite won’t
    appear.

    Check out my web-site :: Get rid of cellulite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not all of us can gear up to take our vacation within the next 90 days

    Feel free to visit my homepage ... http://sixflagsticketscoupons.com/six-flags-america/

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank-you so much for taking the time to comment, I know we all say it but all bloggers love comments :)