Monday, 19 December 2011

Movie Monday (5)


**Hi! I'm starting another new meme! Yay! Once again let me know if someone else has done it and you can take part as long as you link back me! Leave a link in the comments and I'll check out your post!

Movie Monday is where I recommend a film. Either one I've seen at the weekend or a super old one that deserves recognition. I'll try to get book based ones but I can't promise anything!**


This weeks film is:


Harry Potter and the Deathy Hallows part two!

Starring Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter, Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley and Emma Watson as Hermione Granger.


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 PosterSummary from imdb.com
The final chapter begins as Harry, Ron, and Hermione continue their quest of finding and destroying the Dark Lord's three remaining Horcruxes, the magical items responsible for his immortality. But as the mystical Deathly Hallows are uncovered, and Voldemort finds out about their mission, the biggest battle begins and life as they know it will never be the same again.







Now, as most of you are, I am a major Potterhead. However, I only read them after I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part one. (I KNOW) So, this was the only thing I could get all fangirly and SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-y about. I had missed all the other film and book releases. 


I absolutely adored this film. It picks up right where part one left off. It's extremely loyal to the book. Also, non-stop action and excitement with a little romance from all characters - including NEVILLE! Uh-huh!


Talking of Neville, he really comes into his own in this film, his grows up, takes over while Harry's gone and really goes all badass when it comes to the final battle.




So, all in all, if you've read the books and are starting the films, I know that the first couple are a bit childish, but that's because J.K. Rowling developed her writing through the series. Keep reading and watching and minute details will come back and make sense (fore-shadowing)


Trailer





What did you think of this film?

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, how awesome is Neville?! He's one of the coolest things about the movie.

    I'm so with you about this bring loyal to the book--it SO is--and it's one of things I love mist about all the movies: they really capture the spirit of the books, even when they don't have room for all the tiny little details. But DH 1 & 2 were like the book page-for-page on the screen! Epic epic epic! I'm 99.9% sure I'm getting them on DVD for Christmas and I'm SO EXCITED.

    I only read the books post OotP, or just before, so was lucky enough to make the Deathly Hallows book release. But Hunger Games soon! Something new to be excited for! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank-you so much for taking the time to comment, I know we all say it but all bloggers love comments :)