Monday, 5 December 2011

Movie Monday (4)


This week movie is The Matrix!


In the near future, Computer hacker Neo is contacted by underground freedom fighters who explain that reality as he understands it is actually a complex computer simulation called the Matrix. Created by a malevolent Artificial Intelligence, the Matrix hides the truth from humanity, allowing them to live a convincing, simulated life in 1999 while machines grow and harvest people to use as an ongoing energy source. The leader of the freedom fighters, Morpheus, believes Neo is "The One" who will lead humanity to freedom and overthrow the machines. Together with Trinity, Neo and Morpheus fight against the machine's enslavement of humanity as Neo begins to believe and accept his role as "The One".




As you can see, it's another dystopian! It's quite old this film. Also, it's quite confusing. I think I might have to watch it again. However, when you understand the brilliant idea behind it and the incredible concept, you'll be awestruck. I highly recommend.


What did you think of this film? Drop me a comment!






3 comments:

  1. Oh my good was you're making me feel old with the 'it's quite old'!
    It came out in 1998. I was in year 9 at high school. I saw it at the cinemas with my Mum and brother and it KILLED me. I walked out of the cinemas going 'whoa'. I'd never seen anything like it at the time in terms of visual effects, and the plot tripped me out, 'cos it was so easy to imagine that we all were actually plugged in. And i remember that lame as Nokia slide thing being the coolest thing ever.

    I have seen this movie so many times I've lost count! I can quote it. Sci-Fi and me are *like this * XD

    To this day whenever I see a black cat run past, or get Deja vu, I get nervous :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED the Matrix! I didn't care much for the others, they were good, but couldn't hold a candle to the first in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah, she made me feel old too, I was graduated from High School when this came out, lol

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank-you so much for taking the time to comment, I know we all say it but all bloggers love comments :)