Friday, 2 December 2011

Feature and Follow Friday (5)

RULES To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers - Fic Book Reviews & Lauren Gets Literal.
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  7. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Question: What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books? Maybe you don't like love triangles or thin plots? Tell us about it!


I'm not really sure on this one. I only have two MAJOR pet peeves and they're:

STOP SAYING MORE ABOUT THAT LATER AND MORE ABOUT THIS IN THE NEXT BOOK!!


And, as most of you are, I'm a grammar Nazi. Basically THEY'RE, THEIR AND THERE ARE FOR DIFFERENT THINGS.


*ahem* So, as you can see, you not a huge deal. But it is super major ohmigosh shut up annoying. 

Do you have any pet peeves? And if you're a new follower leave a link and I'll follow back!



15 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about grammar! An author should write well. If she is unable to convey her thoughts in an appropriate way, she has no business writing. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when authors put off giving explanations like that for no reason. It seems like many authors think they are building up suspense in the mind of the reader when they say something like "Bob had a devious plan, but more about that later". Really, all they are doing is building up annoyance.

    New follower.

    Aaron (Dreaming About Other Worlds).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way! Grammar mistakes drive me crazy and confuse me beyond words! And if it's only an honest mistake, the editor should catch it! Good answer! Old follower, but thanks for following my blog!

    eileenlisblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahahahahah yessss I have this issue too!! It bugs me when people can't keep THEIR grammar straight!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grammars are on top of my pet peeve! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy FF, love your answer.
    http://musingsfromanaddictedreader.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah this post made me laugh out loud!!!! Couldn't agree more!!!

    Great post, ARGHHH love your blog especially the autumn-y background, so cute!!!! New follower:D

    My Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answers! I totally understand about the grammar. I don't see grammar mistakes nearly as much as typos, though. Either way, they're so irritating to see. :P

    I'm a new follower. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bad grammar really gets to me as well! :)

    Thanks for hopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol about the grammar! I'm with you on that one, even though I know I sometimes mess it up in general. I'm blaming me being Swedish and all *cough* But I'm surprised seeing so many doing them as native English speakers, especially those mentioned.

    Hope you had a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by. I'm following back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely agree with you. Thanks for stopping by.

    New follower
    Danielle @Ramblings From This Chick

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Sorry, but I'm a few days late!

    Yes, no one likes bad grammar!

    Happy Blog Hop!

    Lisa Jo @ Once Upon A Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that's what I was exploring for, what a stuff! present here at this webpage, thanks admin of this site.

    Also visit my webpage; Psn Code Generator

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey very interesting blog!

    my blog Www.Dailymotion.Com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Does your site have a contact page? I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd like to send you an e-mail.

    I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.

    My blog post - Microsoft Office Gratuit

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank-you so much for taking the time to comment, I know we all say it but all bloggers love comments :)