Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Teaser Tuesday (5)



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should be reading! Anyone can participate! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teasers this week are from Fracture by Megan Miranda (ARC)

That's the real cover but mine looks like:


Description from Goodreads.com
By the time Delaney Maxwell was pulled from a Maine lake’s icy waters by her best friend, Decker Phillips, her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. 

But somehow Delaney survived—despite the brain scans that show irreparable damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be fine, but she knows she’s far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can’t control or explain, Delaney now finds herself drawn to the dying, and when she meets Troy Varga, a boy who recently emerged from a coma with the same abilities, she is relieved to share this strange new existence. Unsure if her altered brain is predicting death or causing it, Delaney must figure out if their gift is a miracle, a freak of nature—or something else much more frightening

Teaser one. Chapter two, page 26.
"Janna told me that evening. She sat on the side of my bed and held my hand. She held it tight. I'm not even sure she knew she was doing it. But I let her and she told me."

Teaser two. Chapter seven, page 91.
"Hey, Delaney." I looked to my left, Troy sat on the bench, slouched low, legs sprawled out in front of him. His face was partially hidden behind his brown hair and the gray hood of his sweatshirt, but his blue eyes peered out at me. He smiled, that same crooked smile."

What do you you think of these teasers or do you have some of your own? Drop me comment!


2 comments:

  1. Both teasers are good!

    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/11/tuesday-teasers-angel-on-leash-and-true.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both pretty! And I like the real cover better.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank-you so much for taking the time to comment, I know we all say it but all bloggers love comments :)