Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Review: Eyes of Crow by Jeri Smith-Ready


She was born to die...again and again. For Rhia was bound to the Spirit of Crow, gifted with the foresight of Death's approach and doomed to the isolation of one feared and set apart. There must always be one whose magic can ease the passage of the people of Asermos to the Other Side. But to be the guide her people require, to truly know the depth of her gift her curse Rhia must surrender herself to the wisdom of the Great Forest...and drink deeply of Death itself. And though two powerful men stand ready to aid her, even to love her, the Aspect of Crow demands unthinkable sacrifices from the one who walks its path.
Summary from Goodreads.com

 Eyes of Crow (Aspect of Crow #1) by Jeri Smith-Ready
Published: November 1st 2006
Publisher: Luna 
Format: Paperback, 480 pages
Author web: JeriSmithReady.com
Source: Won from Danielle at Alpha Reader
Rating: 4 stars

Hi! I'm rating this excellent book 4/5 stars!

I won this in a giveaway, and when I started reading it I got all freaked out about tribes and stuff, thinking: "Oh no! This is something I normally read! Hide it! Ahh!" But, later, after a bit of more sensible thinking. I gave it it a go.

And loved it.

Now, be warned, there are a few *adult* scenes in this book. *ahem* sex *ahem* But it's not too graphic. If you're an older teen reader looking to move on from Young Adult this will be the perfect book for you.

However, aside from the adult scenes, this is a beautiful book and very unlike any other book I've read. The relationships between the two tribes are fascinating and Smith-Ready really makes the tension and uneasiness leap of the page.

Another thing I LOVE about this book is the idea of Spirits. The fact that Spirits can give some of their power to people who believe in them, which can increase when someone is pregnant. This idea was incredible and I keep thinking "What would I be?" 

To conclude, this is an extraordinary tale of one girls fight for her people and I highly 
recommend!


4 stars!


You might also like:


2 comments:

  1. I haven't ready any of her adult stuff but I have read Jeri Smith-Ready's YA debut Shade which I thought was really good and different. Not sure if this would be my type of read but I am happy to hear you enjoyed it!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey mollie its panda i finally found your website :L ahahahahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank-you so much for taking the time to comment, I know we all say it but all bloggers love comments :)