Sunday, 23 October 2011

Review: The Soulkeepers by G.P. Ching.

















Hi!

I'm rating this book a 3.5 stars.

I won a Ecopy of this book and the next from a fellow blogger and I read it on a borrowed Kindle.

It started off slowly, I must say. There were a few exciting moments but it didn't really get going until the middle to the end.

My favourite characters: Dr. Silva. Very intriguing character. A lot of mystery surrounds her and I found myself very interested in her background.

Jacob. I know it seems samey that I would like the protagonist but he is a great character. Not all good. He has evil qualities and I like that because nobody is perfect. Everyone has their sins and this is accentuated in him throughout the book.

My least favourite characters: Malini. She is the same old girl who gets rescued. The damsel in Distress. She winds me up because she's not a unique character but she could have been written and portrayed better.

The plot. The plot as I've mentioned was very slow to start. With a few angry bursts from Jacob adding interest. The real excitement starts when the Watchers arrive. They are VERY interesting characters and their dark universe is very clear in my mind. Ching really made the evil ooze out of the pages and I commend her for it.

I recommend for fantasy fans. Worth a read if you've got the time. 




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your review. Have you read the second one? It's completely about Malini, and she becomes the heroine.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank-you so much for taking the time to comment, I know we all say it but all bloggers love comments :)